WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering with Mombo Sacco, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Site or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data.
We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
We collect information relating to your transactions, transactions you effect, financial information, interactions and dealings with Mombo Sacco, including information received from third parties and information collected through use of our website and our mobile application services.
We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE MAY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The purposes for which we may handle your Personal Data include the following:
- processing applications for products and services, effecting payments, transactions and completing instructions or requests;
- providing products and services;
- assessing suitability for products and services;
- credit assessment, including conducting credit checks and setting credit limits;
- operational purposes;
- statistical analysis, including behavioral analysis and profiling;
- establishment, continuation and management of the application and accounts
- conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- for marketing purposes, promotional events, competitions and lucky draws;
- for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crime in any jurisdiction (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism, fraud and other financial crime);
- identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks;
- to comply with: local or foreign law, regulations, voluntary codes, directives, judgments or court orders, agreements between any member of the Mombo Sacco and any authority, regulator, or enforcement agency; policies (including the Mombo Sacco’spolicies), good practice, government sanctions or embargoes, reporting requirements under financial transactions legislation, and demands or requests of any authority, regulator, tribunal, enforcement agency, or exchange body;
- to seek professional advice, including, in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
Any member of Mombo Sacco, including our officers, employees, agents and advisers, may disclose your Personal Data to any of the following parties for any of the purposes specified above:
- any member of the Mombo Sacco anywhere in the world, including any officer, employee, agent or director;
- professional advisers (including auditors), third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to support Mombo Sacco’s business;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by local or foreign law, regulation or any other applicable instrument;
- any court, tribunal, regulator, enforcement agency, exchange body, tax authority, or any other authority (including any authority investigating an offence) or their agents;
- any debt collection agency, credit bureau or credit reference agency, rating agency correspondents, insurer or insurance broker, direct or indirect provider of credit protection and fraud prevention agencies;
- any financial institution to conduct credit checks, anti-money laundering related checks, for fraud prevention and detection of crime purposes;
- anyone we consider necessary to facilitate requests for services or applications for products with any borrower;
- anyone we consider necessary in order to provide services in connection with a product; located in any jurisdiction.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
The security of your personal data is important to us. Mombo Sacco and all members of the Company comply with technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal data. When using external service providers, we require that they adhere to the same security standards as Mombo Sacco. Regardless of where personal data is transferred, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept securely.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
WHAT ARE OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
There may be specific terms and conditions in our loan agreements that govern the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data. Such other terms and conditions must be read in conjunctions with this Privacy Statement.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not send you marketing material if you have specifically asked us not to do so.
To the extent permitted by law, we may record and monitor your electronic communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies for the purposes outlined above.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or loan guidelines, you have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data processed in relation to you. Mombo Sacco may be allowed by law to charge a fee for a copy of personal data.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us email@example.com